Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Catch up on fall 2012

Wow, just noticed it has been 6 months since I have been or updated our blog :(  Its been a crazy couple of months.  

Well since Luke's big 30th party, we have done a few things :)
Me, Luke, and Janiece went with my sister, my dad, and Laurie to South Dakota to visit my grandmother.  I haven't been back there since Janiece was 2 years old (I think).  So it was nice to finally take Luke back and introduce him to the Butenschoen side of the family :)


My dad, Luke, my sister, me, Laurie, my grandmother, and Janiece

Me and Janiece with my grandmother. Oh, I missed her sooooo much!!  It was a tough time to say good-bye :(

And Luke found some Iowa geese!


Then we came back to a surprise Anniversay party that we put together for my other grandparents.  It was their 60th Anniversary.  I am truly blessed to have some sweet grandparents around!

"Surprise"

The cute cake pops that I made for the party

My amazing grandparents!!  Love them :)




Then the girls went back to school in August.  Janiece is in 7th grade at Greenfield Jr High and loving it!!

Ciera is now in 2nd grade at Patterson Elementary and loves her teacher!!



Then for the girls fall break, the Brandt's headed to San Diego for a couple of days!!
We went to San Diego Zoo, took a short cruise to Coronado Island and played at Balboa park.  We had a blast!!


Dinner in San Diego


San Diego Zoo

Tram over the zoo


Our little monkeys

Of course had to have some churros

San Diego Bay

Cruise over to Coronado Island

Coronado Island



Balboa Park


and then some dinner with some friends in Old town San Diego before our trip back home.


Janiece played volleyball again for the fall season.  We lucked out one the team that she got on, they were sooo good together.  I think they won 7 games and only lost twice!  We are praying to get the same coach for spring season!


Then we had our 2nd Annual Pumpkin Carving party.  Such a blast to get together with friends and just carve away some pumpkins, always so cool to see who can be so creative.
The table of pumpkins


Ciera's pumpkin

The group of pumpkins

And the girls dressed up for Halloween


And of course our halloween costumes!!  Party on DUDE :)







No comments:

Post a Comment